Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – and that He created everything out of nothing for His own pleasure and purpose.
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, inherent, infallible and the supreme final authority in matters of faith and life interpreted by the Holy Spirit to each individual believer.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that when he sinned the race incurred both physical and spiritual death; thus, man became alienated from God and incapable of remedying his sinful condition by his own means.
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father through the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is true man without ceasing to be totally God.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ lived a sinless and perfect life that fully pleased His Father: that He died for our sins on the cross bearing the judgment demanded by God’s holy justice against sin, thus making it possible for God to remain just and at the same time to justify those who believe in Jesus.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, never to die again, and is ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He intercedes as High Priest and Advocate on behalf of all who believe in Him.
7. We believe that all those who, by faith alone and through no merit of their own, receive the lord Jesus Christ as Savior are miraculously born again of the Holy Spirit and, as children of God, when we ask Him into our lives we become partakers of His divine nature and eternal inheritance.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit baptizes all true believers into one true church, His Body; that He indwells them eternally bestowing spiritual gifts upon them and empowers them for works of service and holy living.
9. We believe the Scriptures have given us everything pertaining to life and godliness, including not only salvation from the penalty of sin but instruction in righteousness, for present sanctification and victorious living to the glory of God.
10. We believe that two ordinances, neither of which is essential to salvation, are to be observed by all believers in obedience to our Lord until Christ’s return. These two ordinances are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
11. We believe that at death the souls of the redeemed pass immediately into Christ’s presence to remain there until the resurrection of the body at Christ’s return for the Church. We also believe that at death the souls of the lost go to hell where they remain until they are brought before Christ at the Great White Throne final judgment to be judged according to their works and cast into the lake of fire, there to remain eternally.
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the redeemed at the pre-millennial return of Christ for His Bride, when the souls of those who have died will be reunited with their bodies, now immortal and that believers who are alive at that time, their bodies likewise transformed into immortality, will be caught up together with them to meet Christ in the air, ever to be with Him. (Otherwise understood as the rapture of the church, the Bride of Christ).
13. We believe in the personal, bodily return of Jesus Christ to rescue Israel at Armageddon and to establish His Millennial Kingdom, reigning over the earth from His Father David’s throne in Jerusalem, and that His redeemed will reign with Him in the resurrected bodies for 1,000 years.
14. We believe God immutably creates each person as male or female, which reflects the image and nature of God. Rejecting one’s biological sex rejects the created image of God.
15. We believe God designed marriage as a unique conjugal relationship joining one man and one woman in a single, exclusive, life-long union. God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a man and a woman joined in marriage.
16. We believe all forms of sexual immorality are sinful and offensive to God.
17. We believe God endows all human life with inherent dignity at every stage of development and it must be respected and protected from conception to natural death. Thus, the unjustified, intentional taking of human life before or after birth is sinful and offensive to God.
If you believe differently on any of these positions, we ask that you discuss your differences with the pastor and/or the Men’s Council only. Osseo Community Church adheres to these standards only. We will not abide division and dissension in the Body, only love and care for one another.